This error means Windows could not find the program the service runs at the given path and name.
- First try starting the service from the command prompt:
net start <SERVICE NAME>
- If that fails with the error in the title, then get the path (BINARY_PATH_NAME) to the program:
sc qc <SERVICE NAME>
- Make sure the file and path is accessible:
dir /b <FULL PATH>
- If that fails, quote the path and file name:
dir /b "<FULL PATH>"
- If that succeeds, then update the service with the quoted path:
(A space is required between the equal sign and the value.)
sc config <SERVICE NAME> binPath= "<FULL PATH>"